1. Pork Spare Ribs – 500g
2. Ginger and Garlic – 1 soup spoon each, peeled and well chopped
3. Cooking Wine (I used the Japanese Saké) – 1 soup spoon
4. White Vinegar – 2 soup spoons
5. Sugar – 3 soup spoons
6. Dark Soy Sauce – 1 soup spoon
7. Light Soy Sauce – 3 soup spoons
8. Water – 75ml
1) Clean the spare ribs & wiped off the water with towel.
2) Heat 2 soup spoons oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and fry ginger & garlic. Put in the ribs and fry them until it turns slightly golden color. (about 2-3 mins)
3) Pour in the “mixing sauce from (3)-(8)”, bring to a boil.
4) Switch over everything into a deepen saucepan or a ceramic bowl (as I used today). Reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
OBS: Can not use Light Soy Sauce to replace Dark soy sauce neither Dark ss. replaces the light ss. You can find them both in normal supermarket.